December 9, 2019 News Release
WAXHAW, S.C. — Passionate Paws Animal Hospital wants to help Charlotte pet parents find the perfect gift for their fur babies this holiday season!
“We keep up with all the top trends each year when it comes to treats, toys, and other gifts for your fur babies and we love sharing that information. This year we’ve seen a lot of pet parents turning to technology to better their fur baby’s lives and stay connected. This time of year is also great to see the joy of giving between pet parents and their fur babies. We like to celebrate that spirit with our present recommendations and through our Pawesome Pantry with South Charlotte Dog Rescue and Angel Tree promotion with the Union County Humane Society to help dogs in need.” said Dr. Susan Bonilla, Owner and Veterinarian at Passionate Paws Animal Hospital.
With all of the options for presents, here are some of Passionate Paws’ top picks for the 2019 holiday season:
- Treat dispensing cameras are a great way for pet parents to stay connected to their fur babies even when they are away! Becauses, who doesn’t love spying on their pet when they don’t know you are looking?!?
- GPS collars are an even better alternative than micro chipping to help locate your dog no matter where they go. These have helped find many dogs who may escape during the cold holiday
months. They are also very cute and come in lots of styles and colors!
- Fitbits for dogs are another awesome gift. We are seeing many tech savvy collars that com- bine fit bit technology and GPS to track dog’s activity and location all in one purchase. The Fi smart dog collar is a great example of an activity monitoring and GPS tracking collar that also looks adorable!
- Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes are an absolute must have for the busy cat pet par- ents. Any cat owner will admit that cleaning the litter box is NOT fun. This takes away that hassle and does it for you. These boxes also help minimize odor which is another common complaint we hear from pet parents with indoor cats.
- DNA testing is another popular trend that we’ve noticed recently and a great gift for a pet parent! Many people are dying to know what breeds make up their fur baby. There are many at home DNA tests like Wisdom Panel that you can purchase and they will provide you information on what breeds make up your one-of-a-kind pup and can help with concerns about certain hereditary diseases your dog might develop. DNA dog and cat tests are a fun and informative way to get to understand who your pet is — and to help you develop a better health plan for their future.
Besides helping pet parents give to their fur babies, Passionate Paws also encourages people to help animals in need this holiday season. They’ve partnered with the Union County Humane Society of for the Howliday Angel Tree where you can sponsor a dog in need and help cover medical care, supplies and other costs associated with helping give our selected dogs a better life.
Your generous donations help dogs like Sonata who needed her left front leg removed due to a bad break that never received medical care. Sonata is now pain free, runs, plays and is enjoying life. Passionate Paws will be taking donations for the Howliday Angel Tree for the entire month of December. They are also accepting dog food donations (Diamond Naturals brand only) for South Charlotte Dog Rescue all month as part of the Pawesome Pantry partnership. If you are interested in participating in Passionate Paws Howliday Angel Tree or donating to the Pawesome Pantry please call (704) 256-7576 or stop by during normal business hours.