We’ve missed you!
We are excited to announce that we will be gradually allowing pet parents back into the hospitals at Waxhaw and Weddington beginning June 21st! It is our promise to you to provide the same great service we always have, exceeding your expectations at every turn.
In order to protect the most vulnerable of us and to readjust to our pet parents being inside the hospital we will be implementing a Phased approach to reopening as detailed below:
- We will be reopening in three Phases. Each phase will include specific types of appointments that will be allowed in, building upon the previous phase, and all appointment types not included in that phase will remain curbside. Phase 1 will begin with annual/wellness and sick appointments with your preferred doctor. Phase 2 will include all grooming appointments as well as prescription pick-ups and fecal/urine sample drop-offs. Phase 3 will include surgical drop-offs and technician appointments. As we get closer to starting the next phase we will provide an update.
- In-hospital visits will require masks to be worn the entire time–covering both your nose and mouth. NO exceptions will be made regardless of vaccination status. For your protection, our staff will be wearing masks also and we will do our best to limit close contact with our pet parents.
- Until further notice, pet parents will not be able to wait in the lobby to ensure proper social distancing is maintained between appointments. This will also help with reducing stressful or fearful interactions between fur babies.
- We will still be calling to briefly screen for COVID exposure prior to appointments.
- When you arrive please text or call us and we will let you know when it is OK to enter the hospital for your appointment.
- Only ONE person is allowed inside with your fur baby.
- If you have children with you, we will do a curbside appointment.
- If you prefer to remain curbside for your appointment for any reason, please let us know as that will always remain an option. If you are unfamiliar with our *curbside process please read below.
We cannot express how much we have missed seeing you, our Pet Parents! You are the reason we are PASSIONATE about what we do.
We thank you for your patience during the pandemic and appreciate your continued support while we work to keep everyone safe and healthy.
See you all soon!
*OUR CURBSIDE PROCESS
- Please park in one of our six (6) reserved spots when you arrive. Do not park at the curb.
- Text or call us to let us know you are here and the parking spot number you are in.
- Please STAY in your vehicle.
- A staff member wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) will meet you at your vehicle to safely take your pet into the hospital.
- Let our staff know if you need water while you wait. Java’s Brewing Bakery and Cafe is OPEN for takeout and dine-in and would be happy to serve you one of their delicious treats or tasty brews.
- Exams, diagnostics, and treatments will be conducted securely inside the hospital.
- Keep your cell phone on and with you at all times. Your doctor and tech will communicate with you by phone during the course of the visit.
- Have your credit or debit card ready. Payment will be taken over the phone.
- Your pet will be returned to your vehicle at the end of the visit.