CURBSIDE CHECK IN PROCESS
Passionate Paws Animal Hospital will REMAIN OPEN during the North Carolina shelter in place mandate as we are an essential business for the wellbeing of the health and safety of our fur babies. We want to ensure you during this unprecedented time that our healthcare team is dedicated to making sure the medical needs of the fur patients in our communities are continually being met. To support social distancing, all our services are being provided through curbside check in, which means you and our staff stay safe. Please note that curbside check in will remain in effect until it is determined no longer necessary. Just because the economy may re-open does not mean our social distancing protocols stop; these protocols are what keep us all safe and have been proven to work. We thank you for your understanding and patience.
PERSONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
- Only STAFF are permitted in the hospital.
- Pet parents and all household members will be screened for recent travel by plane, testing positive for COVID-19, exposure to someone positive or possibly positive with COVID-19 or someone who is ill, being tested or testing in the near future for COVID-19, and for symptoms related to respiratory disease.
- If your pet is due for a wellness visit such as an annual and you are ill or have answered yes to any of our screening questions and do not have a healthy non-household member who can take your pet, we will need to reschedule for 21 days. If your pet is sick or having an emergency and you do not have a healthy non-household member to take your pet, we will work with you on how we can safely see your pet.
- The person that is screened must bring pet to visit. If another person will be bringing, please inform us immediately as he or she will also need to be screened.
- We are offering all services except for the following: 1) nail trims (not related to a full grooming appointment) and 2) bath only grooming appointments (unless medically necessary determined by the veterinarian).
THE EXAM PROCESS
- Please park in one of our six (6) reserved spots when you arrive. Do not park at the curb.
- Text or call us at (704) 256 – 7576 to let us know you are here and the parking spot number you are in.
- Please STAY in your vehicle.
- A staff member wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) will meet you at your vehicle to safely take your pet into the hospital. Please do not hand a pet to our team so as to maintain social distancing. Our team will instruct you on how to safely transfer your pet to them.
- Let our staff know if you need water while you wait. Java’s Brewing Bakery and Cafe is OPEN for takeout and would be happy to serve you one of their delicious treats or tasty brews.
- Exams, diagnostics, and treatments will be conducted securely inside the hospital.
- Keep your cell phone on and with you at all times. Your doctor and tech will communicate with you by phone during the course of the visit.
- Have your credit or debit card ready. Payment will be taken over the phone.
- Your pet will be returned to your vehicle at the end of the visit.
- On a case by case basis, your veterinarian may decide that your pet’s particular medical concern can be addressed via telemedicine. Please note that as per the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Board a veterinary-client-patient relationship must already be established in order to conduct a telemedicine consult. Therefore, a new patient that has not yet already been physically seen by a veterinarian would not qualify for a telemedicine consult.
- We are currently using Zoom for these appointments but will soon be using our free app, Pet Desk.
- Our online pharmacy provides an easy, convenient, and socially distant way to getting your pet’s prescriptions, preventives, supplements, and food delivered straight to your door.
- It is very competitive with other online pharmacies such as Chewy and 1800PetMeds. Plus, when you buy from us, you continue to support small business.
- Have peace of mind that all our online pharmacy products come with the same guarantee offered when buying directly from our hospital.
- Please be aware that you may experience shipping/delivery delays due to COVID-19. If you have not received your order, our online pharmacy has advised pet parents to contact them directly via email and live chat. Due to unprecedented high call volumes, they do not recommend calling.
- Our FREE app, available for both Apple and Android, that helps to manage your pet’s healthcare. Download Pet Desk.
- Schedule and manage appointments without calling us.
- Request prescription refills without picking up the phone.
- Keep track of all health reminders such as annuals and vaccines. Never miss another due date.
- Receive important communications and appointment reminders from us to your app. No more missing that email.
- Text us with photos and videos if you have a medical concern or just want to share a cute picture of your baby.
- Create a To Do list for your pets to remind you to give monthly preventives or order more food or when to give a medication.
- COMING SOON: telemedicine appointments through the app.
STAY UP TO DATE ABOUT COVID-19 AND YOUR PET
We know it is difficult keeping up with all the daily information about COVID-19. To help navigate the firestorm of information, we have been writing weekly articles to provide accurate and current information when it comes to COVID-19 and your fur babies. Please read them under our Pet Health library. Feel free to share with friends and family.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING US
We will remain open for you and your fur babies during this unprecedented time. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding with our new protocols designed to keep you and our team safe. Thank you for continuing to support small business.